new background

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Day 9 - It's Cold!


I know it's much colder in many parts of the country, and the world for that matter, but it got really cold here in the Austin area last night! I believe it was about 15 degrees, maybe colder. We woke up to a pretty thick layer of frost on Jim's car, and a frozen hot water pipe that feeds the kitchen sink, and one bathroom upstairs. I need a handbook for cold weather living! Who knew you were supposed to let your faucets drip when a hard freeze is expected? Not this Southern California born and raised girl. Thankfully there are no signs of breakage, so we will be letting the faucets drip tonight! Where the hell is Spring??

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know you're supposed to let your faucets drip, either! Good to know if I ever move to a place where that's necessary. Not anytime soon! Oh, BTW, why doesn't your playlist shuffle?

    ReplyDelete
  2. B... Not sure why it doesn't shuffle, I thought I clicked that option. Jim doesn't like it, so I might just take the whole thing off.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think...keep me motivated to post!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails